Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I Have Been There

I got a phone call from a dear friend of mine. She feels like her whole world is falling apart. She is scared. She doesn't know what to do. She is in a valley. She came to me for help and advice because she knows that I can relate.

I have four words for her: I HAVE BEEN THERE.

I've been there when you feel like your whole world is crashing down.
I've been there when you don't know where or who to turn to.
I've been there when you are angry at God.
I've been there when you feel like you have lost all faith in God.
I've been there when it takes everything you have to get out of bed in the morning.
I've been there when you cry yourself to sleep.
I've been there when you feel like you have lost everything.
I've been there when you feel like you have no friends.
I've been there when you don't want to leave the house.
I've been there when you just want silence.
I've been there when silence is lonely.
I've been there when you want to hide.
I've been there when you want to keep the shades drawn.
I've been there when you don't want to hear "God has a plan."

It is true, the valley sucks. It is difficult. I'm not going to lie and say that it is easy. It's not. It is horrible.

The Good News is that Jesus has been there too. The Good News is that there is sun/Son in the valley. God is still on His throne.

I will be there for you, dear friend, in the valley and on the mountaintop!

4 comments:

Jen Wagenmaker said...

God is so faithful.

jenna said...

and such beauty and new life (literally) has been brought forth through your valley...

Nesting Momma said...

I've been there..this struck home. I'm there now in many ways. I'm there for you too. I hope you know that sister. Can't wait to meet you face to face..we are all so spiritually connected. xo

Brenda @TripleBraided said...

Jamie, this is what makes us the Body of Christ and Sisters in Christ. For that I am so thankful. Thank you for reminding me that I'm not alone!

And p.s. we live in the same state. I know Jen said that, but I'm just now making the connection. :-)