Friday, June 19, 2009

What's in a Name?

A few days ago, we caught a frog at the beach and Mariah named it "Zoe." Yesterday we caught a green caterpillar and she named it "Chloe." Today we caught a huge moth and Mariah named it "Polly."
This makes me recall the story about Jerry buying five goldfish (really as a Mother's Day gift for me a few years ago, but Mariah quickly adopted them) and she named them Polly, Colly, Polly, Colly, and Polly. Well, the poor fish didn't make it through the night, but I guess the name Polly still lives on.

Today Mariah and I took a long walk and we held hands the whole way, dodging the rain drops and talking about flowers and trees. I loved every minute of it.

We have said that Mariah is our outgoing, imaginative child that would dig for worms in a pink princess dress--yep, that is our eldest and we love her to pieces.