Thursday, August 13, 2009

When a 5 Year Old's Temper Flares

I was giving the girls a bath tonight and Mariah was adamant about washing Ambria's hair as well as her own hair. Well, this process wasn't going the best as Ambria was screaming because water was getting in her eyes, but Mariah didn't stop, as she is very persistent.

*Ambria: Scream, scream
*Me: Mariah, I will do it (as I start rinsing Ambria's soapy head)
*Mariah: (temper starts flaring) MOM, NO! I WANT TO DO IT. (Under her breath) I wish I didn't have a mom.
*Me: WHAT? Dad and I will have to talk about that comment tomorrow!!
*Mariah: (crying now) I SAID, I am GLAD I have a mom!
*Me: nothing (I disguised my smirk)
*Mariah: MOM, I CARE ABOUT YOU!
*Me: nothing (still disguising my smirk)
*Mariah: MOM, I LOVE YOU AND I WILL CARE ABOUT YOU ALWAYS! (still crying)

1 comment:

Raychel said...

It must be fun when they hit the independent stage. I can't wait to experience that part.